It’s never too early to start reading Christmas stories to your little ones! Not only will it get them excited for the holiday season, but it’s also a great way to bond with your child and create lasting memories. Here are some of the best Christmas books for toddlers!
Best Christmas Books for Toddlers-the Classics
The best Christmas books for toddlers are the classic stories that have been loved by generations and have become household traditions.
These stories are timeless classics that will become a part of your family’s holiday tradition. So snuggle up with your little one this holiday season and enjoy some of the best Christmas books for toddlers, the classics.
- This Little Golden Book retelling of the classic 1964 holiday TV special, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, is the perfect toddler Christmas Book! Celebrate Christmas with Rudolph and his friends as they learn that being different is what makes you special.
- This charming Little Golden Book, The Christmas Little Elf, tells the story of Nina, the littlest elf in Santa’s workshop. Nina is a lovable little elf who proves that, with a bit of determination, anything is possible. This book is the perfect Christmas book for toddlers.
- Celebrate the holidays with everyone’s favorite snowman in this timeless classic Little Golden Book retelling of the whole magical story of Frosty the Snowman. Toddlers will love following Frosty’s adventures as he comes to life, frolics in the snow, and brings joy to everyone he meets.
Best Toys for Toddler Girls: The best toys and gifts for your toddler girl! Some favorites of the year HERE!
The Polar Express has become a holiday classic and its message of believing in the spirit of Christmas. This beautiful book is one of the best Christmas books for toddlers, yet will continue as a tradition for years to come.
The Polar Express tells the story of a young boy who takes a magical train ride to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. Along the way, he meets several interesting characters, including a friendly conductor and a team of dancing elves. When he finally arrives at the North Pole, he receives a special gift from Santa Claus.
Christmas Sensory Bin: Create a super fun Christmas sensory bin for your toddler HERE!
The Classic Edition: The Night Before Christmas
This New York Times Bestseller, The Night Before Christmas is an absolutely adorable toddler Christmas book. Full of beautiful illustrations and the classic poem that we all know and love, this book is sure to become a family favorite. The hardcover edition is fantastic for little hands, and the durable pages can withstand plenty of wear and tear. Whether your toddler is just learning to read or you’re looking for the perfect book to curl up with on a cozy winter’s night.
“Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.”
If you want another option for The Night Before Christmas, capture the thrill of a traditional Christmas with Clement C. Moore’s treasured seasonal rhyme brought to life with the warm and playful artwork of Henry Fisher.
This magical story is full of character and humor and will delight children new to the story as well as parents who know it from their own childhood.
- A Christmas classic for your toddler Christmas book collection
- Introduce your toddler to the classic favorite The Night Before Christmas poem and create a lifetime Christmas memory
- Beautiful and spectacular illustrations capture this retelling
- Bond with your child through family story time and create long-lasting holiday traditions and memories
You can’t have Christmas without the Grinch! These Christmas story books for toddlers are classic holiday fun.
- The Grinch’s Great Big Flap Book is the best Christmas book for babies and younger toddlers. This super-simple, super-sturdy adaptation of the beloved holiday classic is perfect for the youngest Seuss fans. With a shortened rhymed text and over sixty Grinchy flaps for little fingers to lift, it’s an ideal introduction to the story and a perfect gift for toddlers and preschoolers.
- “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch.” So begins Dr. Seuss’s classic tale of a grumpy Grinch who hates the holiday and plans to steal it from the Whos down in Who-ville. In this funny and fantastical story, only young Cindy Lou Who can help the Grinch find his heart and learn that Christmas is still worth celebrating.
Secret Santa & The Twelve Days of Christmas Giving is a best-selling children’s book that teaches the importance of giving. It’s not about what you get during Christmas, but what you can give to others. This book will help teach kids the joy and hope that comes with spreading Christmas cheer. Join Santa’s Secret Santa Team this year and help make a difference.
1-Year-Old Climbing Toys: It’s chilly outside, let your active toddler climb indoors! The best toddler climbing toys HERE!
Best Christmas Books For Toddlers- Much Loved
Christmas time is a magical time for toddlers. All around them, they see decorations and twinkling lights and hear Christmas carols. For toddlers, Christmas books can help to bring the magic of the season to life.
These books can help to foster a love of reading while also teaching valuable lessons about Christmas traditions, giving, sharing, and being kind. These are the most-loved, best-selling Christmas books for toddlers!
One of the best Christmas books for toddlers of 2022, this Disney Storybook Collection Advent Calendar contains twenty small, paperback books that are each wrapped in a paper sleeve to keep every story leading up to Christmas a surprise! The content includes both holiday-themed and everyday stories featuring beloved Disney and Pixar characters. Your toddler will have a little surprise each day leading up to Christmas!
Bear’s best friends are preparing for Christmas but Bear just can’t seem to stay awake long enough to help them. He is so tired that he even forgets his promise to help his friends decorate the tree. The other animals decide that they must keep him busy with chores in order for him to stay awake long enough on Christmas Eve. But who will actually make it through the night? Will Bear be able to keep his promise?
Bear Stays up for Christmas is a story about friendship, the importance of keeping promises, and what it means to be a good friend. This book is a heartwarming winter book for toddlers and a story they will love for ages.
- The Littlest Reindeer is the story of Dot, a reindeer who has a big dream: to help Santa deliver gifts on Christmas Eve. But when she tries to fly for the first time, it doesn’t go as planned. It takes faith and trust in friends and family–and believing in herself–to help Dot learn that it’s okay to be different. With beautiful illustrations by award-winning artist Suzy Lee, this heartwarming tale of friendship and belonging is the best Christmas book for toddlers.
- The Littlest Elf. Oliver’s Christmas Adventure is a heartwarming tale of one little elf who wants to find his special job in Santa’s workshop but keeps getting himself into trouble. He may be the littlest elf at the North Pole, but he has a big desire to discover his very special job in Santa’s workshop! But after getting lost in the toy shop, making a mess at the book shop, and falling in the mixing machine at the bakery, is this littlest elf just too little? Perhaps he just needs Rudolph to remind him what Christmas is all about…
This Christmas book for toddlers is a celebration of different cultures and holidays from around the world. The Sesame Street friends are celebrating the most wonderful time of the year with festivities like Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, Christmas, and New Year’s!
This preschool Christmas book is filled with crazy traps, colorful illustrations, STEAM concepts, and even Santa Claus himself! The story follows along as a mischievous elf causes chaos on Christmas Eve and it’s up to you to catch him! This Christmas classic is guaranteed to become a new holiday tradition in your family. So snuggle up with your little ones, hot cocoa in hand, and enjoy this toddler Christmas book!
If you want to learn to catch other zany characters, complete your collection with how to catch a snowman, reindeer, and gingerbread man! These are the most fun preschool Christmas books to keep your little one entertained and curious. Cuddle up with the entire “How To” collection!
If you are looking for a Christmas book for your toddler that will keep them guessing and interacting, I Spy Christmas books are a fun stocking stuffer, gift, or activity! With thirty pages of beautiful designs, your toddler is challenged to seek and spy on several Christmas objects.
- Llama Llama Secret Santa Surprise is a Christmas book for toddlers based on the Netflix series, Llama Llama. In this episode-based story, Llama and his friends are tasked with playing Secret Santa at school. Relate to your favorite picture book character as he faces new and challenging situations.
- Llama Llama Holiday Drama is the third book in the popular series that has sold more than 2.5 million copies and received multiple awards. In this sweet story, little llama is overwhelmed by holiday preparations and events. Mama helps him learn to understand that his feelings are perfectly normal and offers practical solutions for handling them when they occur.
- Llama Llama Holiday Helper and his friends are ready to celebrate the holidays. But first, they make sure everything is just right. Join them as they decorate the tree, hang wreaths, bake cookies, and more! This holiday picture book is a perfect gift for Llama fans of all ages.
Bring the magic of the holidays home with these festive reusable stickers for toddlers! Melissa & Doug’s Santa’s Workshop and ‘Tis the Season sets include scene boards and a variety of winter-themed stickers, perfect for creating North Pole scenes or adding holiday cheer to any picture. The convenient carrying handle and fold-and-go format make these sticker activity sets great for travel – so your toddler can get into the Christmas spirit wherever you go!
Best Christmas Books for Toddlers, 2022!
It’s never too early to start getting into the holiday spirit! And what better way to do that than by reading some of the best Christmas books for toddlers?
Whether you’re looking for a classic tale or something new and exciting, there’s sure to be a perfect book on this list for your little one.
No matter what book you choose, spending some quality time reading together is sure to create lasting memories and traditions that your toddler will cherish for years to come.
What is your favorite Christmas book for your toddler or child? Is there one we should add to the list?
We would love it if you would social share this post and pin below Christmas books for toddlers!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if a qualified link is used at no cost or obligation to you ever. Additionally, I am an Amazon Affiliate Partner. I may receive a commission if a qualifying link is used.