There are so many hotel options in New York City, and it can be hard to know where to start. But don’t worry, I’ve stayed at so many hotels and this is the best place to stay in NYC! This hotel is affordable, nice, and convenient!
Best Areas To Stay in New York City
This particular hotel is located in Midtown. Midtown is great for first-time travelers because it is centrally located to all the main tourist attractions in Manhattan. The subway system is easy to use and access.
New York City is an exciting and vibrant place, with something to offer everyone. However, with so much going on, it can be tough to know where to start and where to stay in New York.
If you’re planning a trip to the Big Apple, here are some of the best areas to stay:
- The Upper West Side is a great option if you want to be close to all the action but still have a quiet place to come back to at the end of the day. This neighborhood has turn-of-the-century architecture, world-class museums, and even Central Park.
- Greenwich Village is another popular option for visitors to New York City. With its cobbled streets and quaint cafes, it feels like a small village in the middle of the city. This is also close to shopping and nightlife.
- Brooklyn, particularly DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights, is a great option. This borough has a relaxed vibe and is home to lively parks, historic neighborhoods, and fantastic food.
- The West Village. This area is full of charming streets lined with brownstones and trendy cafes. It’s also conveniently located near some of the city’s most popular attractions, like the High Line and the Whitney Museum.
- If you’re looking for a luxurious and convenient place to stay in New York City, the Upper East Side is the perfect spot. This upscale neighborhood is home to some of the city’s best shopping, dining, and entertainment, and it’s just a short subway ride away from all of the action downtown. Plus, with its tree-lined streets and Central Park views, the Upper East Side offers a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.
New York City: Where to Stay
Best Western Herald Square is a fantastic choice if you are headed to New York City. If want to save money on your accommodations but want a really nice place to stay, this is it.
You may have preconceived notions of the Best Western brand. They have majorly upped their game, which is nothing like it was before. I promise you. This particular hotel in New York City is an example of the exceptional value the brand offers.
I recently stayed at this hotel on my solo trip to New York City. My next trip to NYC and subsequent trips after this is where I will be staying. Here is why you should too.
This is NOT a sponsored post. I stayed at this location, traveling to see Summit One NYC, New York City’s newest experience. This is the best place to stay in New York, and I will continue to book this location.
Where To Stay in New York City: Herald Square
I arrived early at my hotel, hoping I could check in early. I arrived and greeted a lovely gentleman and a quaint front desk.
This is not a large hotel; it’s small but comforting. This Herald Square Hotel is located on a quiet street in a little nook of a row of buildings.
It was about noon when I arrived. The front desk stated they would not have anything available but I may check my bag and have something by 1:30 pm.
I headed out to check the area out and grab a bite to eat.
What was nice and courteous, the front desk gentleman called me about an hour later to tell me my room was ready. I arrived, and he stated that he had given me the highest floor.
However, he didn’t tell me the surprise I would find later that evening in my room. Please keep reading to find out what my surprise was.
Best Place to Stay in NYC: Cleanliness & Comfort
I was given the highest floor with a King Bed. The rooms are not your average-sized hotel room in NYC. They are much larger than your typical hotel in New York City.
The first time I came to NYC, I stayed in Times Square (do not do it), the hotel which will remain nameless, I could touch my bathroom from my bed. I am not kidding. New York City hotels are known to be shoeboxes and the more affordable ones tend to not be the nicest.
My hotel on this visit was clean, my room was spotless, and since COVID, all the remotes were in plastic and sanitized.
My king bed. Oh, the bed.
Hotels usually have rock-hard mattresses. My bed was insanely comfortable, a pillow-top mattress with soft but firm pillows.
With that said, the décor is simple yet modern. The shower is my only complaint, seriously, my only complaint. It just did not have great pressure.
My Suprise-Small But Impressive
Here was my surprise. Best Western Herald Square is located two blocks from the Empire State Building. My room had an insane view of the skyscraper. At first, I didn’t look out the window when I arrived. I opened my curtains that night and was shocked!
Best Place to Stay in NYC for Affordability
Best Western Herald Square is one of the most excellent, affordable hotels in New York City. I was able to book my room at this location for under $120 a night, and on off days, I noticed that the rooms get under $100 a night.
New York City’s hotel prices do fluctuate during peak season and certain days of the week. My room was for a Friday night, but I still paid $120; it was peak fall season. IF this hotel room were $225-$300 a night, it would still be worth the price.
Is Best Western Herald Square NICE Because it is a Cheap Hotel in NYC?
Does a cheap hotel in New York City mean not being very nice? Yes, New York City has some pretty shoddy places.
It is immaculate, quiet, comfortable, and has everything you need in a hotel stay. The location is unbeatable, too.
People get wrapped up in “if it’s more expensive, it must be better.” Sure, New York City luxury hotels are awesome.
In fact, luxury hotels can be an experience. However, some of us just like a clean, comfortable place to rest our heads because let’s be honest, who is in their hotel instead of exploring and experiencing the most fantastic city in the world?
Best Place to Stay in NYC for Location & Accessibility
If you’re looking for the best place to stay in NYC because you want to be in a central location, Best Western Herald Square is it. The convenient location puts you right in the heart of all the action, with some of the major NYC attractions within walking distance. The subway is right around the corner from this hotel and where you want to go is a super short subway ride away.
- The subway station is one block. It’s a six to ten-minute ride to anywhere in the city including Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Downtown Manhattan, Brooklyn, Upper East Side, and Upper West Side.
- Steps to 5th Ave.
- The famous, largest Macys in the world in one block.
- Bryant Park is a five-minute walk
- A brief walk (which I did in heeled boots) to Summit One NYC, New York City’s newest cultural experience and modern observation deck. This is a not-to-miss thing to do in New York City.
- Two blocks from the Morgan Library & Museum
- Ten Minute walk to Grand Central Terminal
Best Western Herald Square is located in the heart of New York City and near everything you want to see and experience. If this is your first time in New York City or you want a central location, This is it. It’s incredibly accessible to everything.
NYC Travel Tip: The subway station is the way to go in New York City. Please do not rent a car. Uber and Taxis get pricey, very pricey. In this hotel location, you can get around everywhere by the subway. It is intimidating at first, but if you use Google Maps, it will guide you EXACTLY step-by-step on how to get to your destination. I always get the 7-day pass at the subway station for $33.
Its the Best Place to Stay in NYC for Excellent Restaurants, Bars, and Coffee Houses
- Keens Steakhouse. This steakhouse has been in the Herald Square Theatre District since 1887 and it is one of the best steakhouses in New York City. It’s a classic, old-school chophouse with premium cuts of meat and lobster an amazing pub menu, and signature cocktails.
- Angelina Bakery A beautifully pink French bakery and tea room with authentic hot chocolates, airy Madeleines, eclairs, soups, and sandwiches to-go or tea service. Be sure to try their signature French pastry the Mont-Blanc.
- Trademark Bar+Kitchen For a fantastic burger or brunch head to this quaint speakeasy. The menu includes approachable American fare with classic cocktails and drinks. Our pick? The Mortadella Sandwich with a Cold Brew Old Fashioned.
Insider Travel Tip: I traveled solo to New York City, I wanted a picnic for my day in Central Park. Around the corner from this hotel, there is this fantastic place, The Picnic Basket, which will pack you a picnic.
Should You Stay at Best Western Herald Square?
YES! You will not regret staying at this hotel. If you are racking your brain on where to stay in New York City, then don’t.
There are so many choices for where to stay in New York City, that it can be hard to know where to start. If you’re looking for a great location and reasonable prices, then Best Western Herald Square is a great option. Situated in the heart of Manhattan, you’ll be close to all the action but also have a quiet place to retreat to at the end of the day.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, with all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay. And the best part is that you’ll be spending your nights in one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world. So if you’re looking for a great place to stay in New York City, be sure to check out the Best Western Herald Square.
This is the best place to stay in NYC for families, too. I will be booking it when I travel with my kids here in the spring.
Well, I will be booking this hotel from now on, my search is over on where to stay in New York City, I have found it.
Happy travels and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out!
- Summit One Vanderbilt–You Must See the Most Amazing Views in NYC!
- New York City at Night!
- Explore NYC with Teens! The Most Fun Things to Do!
This post may contain affiliate links, in which I may be paid a small commission if one of them is used at no cost or obligation to you, ever.