Looking for a fun and fantastic Texas family vacation spot? Look no further than Texas! There are tons of great resorts that cater to families and offer plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained. We will start up north of Texas and work our way down south into Hill Country and Austin for the best resorts in Texas for families!
Resorts in Texas for Families–Near Dallas, TX
If you’re looking for a fun-filled Texas family vacation, you’ll want to check out the best resorts near Dallas, Texas. These resorts offer everything from water parks to golf courses, so there’s something for everyone in your group. They are within easy driving distance of Dallas and Fort Worth, making it easy to explore the metroplex.
Gaylord Texan Resort
Looking for a luxurious Texas getaway that will please everyone in the family? Look no further than the Gaylord Texan Resort! The Gaylord Texan is one of the best family resorts in Texas all year long. This spectacular resort offers impressive on-site dining, a full-service spa, shopping options, and amenities, and is full of family-friendly seasonal escapes.
In summer, there is an amazing ten-acre water park, a lazy river complex, zip-lines, a family lagoon, a giant multi-level water treehouse playhouse, four winding waterslides, and cabanas with delicious food, craft cocktails, and mocktails.
In winter, Gaylord Texan Resort is part of “The Christmas Capital of Texas” festivities in Grapevine, Texas. This resort turns into sparkling holiday fun for families and guests. With winter activities from snow sledding, snowball fights, and Santa Claus, this is one of the best resorts for families in Texas during the holidays.
- Getting there: Six miles from DFW Airport, 22 miles from Dallas, 3 hours from Austin, and 4.5 hours from Houston.
- Why we love the Gaylord Texan: We live 15 minutes from Grapevine, and this is one of our family’s favorite staycations. This is a great family resort in Texas year-round with activities and events. Additionally, the charming town of Grapevine is a shuttle ride away and has many family-friendly shops, dining, museums, and attractions
- Rates: Room rates start at $294 a night with a $20 resort fee per night.
- Holidays in the Texas Capital of Texas, Grapevine!
- Where to eat in Grapevine, from a local!
- Reasons to Love Hotel Vin in Grapevine Texas
Hilton Anatole Dallas
If you’re looking for a luxurious hotel to stay in the heart of Dallas, look no further than the Hilton Anatole. This world-class hotel offers everything you could want while on vacation with your family. With over 2,000 guest rooms and suites, and a variety of restaurants, the Hilton Anatole Dallas is one of the best resorts in Texas for families.
One of the most popular features of this resort is the massive, one-acre Hilton Anatole pool-JadeWaters. The pool area includes a lazy river, kids splash & play zone, water slides, and cabanas, family alcoves, making it the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Dallas sun with your family.
The hotel also has an arcade full-service spa for adults, a fitness center, and a salon so that you can pamper yourself during your stay.
- Getting there: 19 miles from Dallas-Fort Worth Airport; 8 miles to Love Field Dallas
- Why we love it: Hilton Anatole Pool JadeWaters is fantastic for kids. Additionally, this Dallas family resort is in the heart of Dallas, near family-friendly attractions such as Perot Museum, The Dallas Zoo, American Airline Center for hockey or basketball, and Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament (which kids absolutely love).
- Rates: Prices start at $189. There is a variety of guest rooms and suites to choose from.
The Westin Stonebriar Golf Resort & Spa-Frisco Texas
Frisco, Texas, has become a destination for activities and attractions like no other in Texas. If you are looking for fun family vacations in Texas and a getaway that has it all, Frisco, TX, is an ideal location.
The Westin Stonebriar Resort is a beautiful resort that offers everything you and your family need to have a blast. With championship golfing or in-house Topgolf Swing Suite and relaxing spa treatments, Well & Being Spa adults can enjoy.
A Westin Family Kids Club and a fantastic pool area with private cabanas, a waterslide, and a splash pad, make the Westin Stonebriar the perfect place for a getaway from the hustle and bustle.
Getting there: From Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, 21 miles; 25 miles from Love Field or Downtown Dallas.
Rates: Start at $305 a night.
Why we love it: This resort is located near everything and anything to do in Frisco with family:
- Dr. Pepper Ballpark: Enjoy the ballpark seasonally. Great time for friends and family of all ages.
- Strik: bowling alley, laser tag arena, and classic arcade
- TopGolf: is The premier entertainment destination for all ages in climate-controlled golf-hitting bays for year-round comfort.
- Andretti Indoor Carting and Games
- The Frisco Star: Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters and practice facility surrounded by shopping, eateries, and entertainment
- Hydrous Wakeboard Park
- The Cove Indoor Water Park
Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront
If you’re looking for family vacations in Texas on a budget, then the Hilton Rockwall Lakefront is the place to check out. This resort offers stunning views of Lake Ray Hubbard, as well as all the amenities you need for your family getaway in Texas to be relaxing and memorable.
- Getting there: Downtown Dallas is 22 miles away, and we’re a 40-minute drive from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
- Why we love it: This beautiful Texas resort is budget-friendly and under half a mile from the restaurants and movie theaters of the lakefront Harbor Rockwall. Lake Ray Hubbard offers boating, kayaking, wakeboarding, and jet skis for all your recreational needs.
- Rates: Start at $163 a night.
Resorts in Texas for Families–Near Austin
From hiking, lakes, cafes, and food truck parks, you will never run out of things to do in the “Live Music Capital of the World.” Check out these Austin, Texas resorts for families! There is something for everyone in this vibrant city; we even added a quirky resort to stay true to Austin roots.
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort
If you are looking for a secluded, quiet place to vacation, Hyatt Regency Lost Pines is one of the best family vacation spots in Texas.
Nestled on 405 acres along the Lower Colorado River, guests can explore the nature trails by foot or on horseback, play on the award-winning 18-hole golf course, have smores by the fire, and relax by the pool. At the same time, the kids entertain themselves with water slides and a lazy winding river. Have fun with the resort’s petting zoo, or get a world-class spa treatment at Spa Django.
Getting there: 20 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
Rates: Start at $303 per night, plus a $40 resort fee per day.
Why we love it: This family resort is loved by locals and has so many on-site activities and amenities that there is no need to leave the property. Here are a few of the resort activities:
- On-site water park, lazy river, and kiddie pool
- Unlimited driving range and putting greens
- Horseback riding and pony rides
- Tomahawk and archery
- Fire pits and bike rentals
- Family Wildlife Explorer Package Nature Days
- Ziplining and more
Blue Hills Ranch
Suppose you are looking for a different adventure and don’t want the run-of-the-mill Texas family vacation. In that case, we have a spot for you, complete with giraffes, otters, zebras, camels, mini Scottish Highland Cows, bison, donkeys, mini horses…and that’s is only naming a few.
If you want to swim with otters instead of a resort pool, this is one of the best family vacations in Texas, Blue Hills Ranch. Complete with modern cabins, some with the occasional visit from a curious giraffe or one of the land’s many roaming animals.
Your Texas family vacation will be filled with animal encounters, nights looking over the rolling hills, and safaris. This ranch is stunning.
- Getting there: 15 minutes outside of Waco, Texas. 1.5 hours from Austin, Texas.
- Why we love it: Your family will have an experience like no other. You can bottle-feed baby giraffes and ride horses during sunset. While this isn’t your typical “resort,” this is a vacation spot worth considering. You will make the most memorable memories possible.
- Rates: Winter-Fall $200 a night weekday, $300/weekend rate; summer $300 a night weekday, $400 a night weekend. Based on two-person occupancy.
Book Your Experience Like No Other>>
Kalahari Resort in Round Rock is one of the best waterpark resorts in Texas. Located close to downtown Austin, Kalahari Resort has everything for a fun and adventurous Texas family vacation. This world-class resort features an indoor and outdoor waterpark with slides, pools, waterfalls, and a full-service spa, fitness center, and restaurants. There are so many things to do on this property, there is no need to leave.
Getting there: 31 miles to Austin International Airport (AUS); 33 minutes to downtown Austin.
Rates: Start at $207 a night, including waterpark passes
Why we love it: This resort has everything. No need to leave.
- Indoor and outdoor water parks with slides, lazy rivers, and areas for smaller kids. Kalahari is the largest indoor water park in America. Bodyboarding or surfing on a 5-foot wave simulator.
- A variety of room styles to choose from to accommodate you and your family. Choose from single, two-bedroom, three-bedroom accommodations and a bunk suite to make your family getaway in Texas extra special.
- Escape rooms and bowling
- A spa and salon for adults
- On-site personal training and fitness studio
Omni Barton Creek-Austin Resort
Barton Creek winds its way through Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa, creating a beautiful and peaceful setting for guests to enjoy. This recently expanded and renovated resort features luxurious accommodations, award-winning dining, world-class golf, and a relaxing spa.
Recognized as one of the most family-friendly resorts in Austin, Texas, Omni Barton Creek offers something to keep everyone in the family happy.
Getting there: 12 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport
Rates: Prices start at $309 a night
Why we love it: We love the breakfast buffet; our family has stated it the “best breakfast in Texas.” Plus, the option to keep your children entertained are endless. This kid-friendly resort also makes parents happy, too with spa services, pool-side cocktails, world-class golf, and tennis.
Omni Barton Creek kid-friendly activities:
- Self-guided nature trail,
- A variety of seasonal kid-centered activities, from succulent garden classes, and pool-side crafts, to elevated s’mores experiences at a private fire pit
- Manicures, pedicures, hair styling, and more salon services for teens at Mokara Spa’s salon.
- Golf and tennis lessons
- Seasonal holiday experience with magical snow, lights, and more.
- Children ages ten and up, teens can keep fit while traveling in the state-of-the-art fitness center.
Located along beautiful Lake Travis and nestled in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, Lakeway Resort and Spa provides guests with the perfect escape. This AAA Four Diamond Award boasts a boutique spa, lake views, wellness rooms, adult-only pools with swim-up bars, kids-only pools, and restaurants on-site. Not only is this a fantastic resort if you are not traveling with kids but it is one of the best family-friendly resorts in Texas.
At Lakeway Resort and Spa, guests are only steps away from all of their favorite water-based activities and offer guests access to a private marina. Guests can rent a boat, sail, jet ski, paddleboard, kayak, fish, or party on a pontoon.
- Getting there: 35-minute drive from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) and 45 minutes west of Downtown Austin.
- Why we love it: Lakeway Resort has a dedicated, multi-pool complex just for kids. There is an Adventure Slide for the big kids, a splash pad for the littles, as well as restaurants that your kids will love. All the pools are heated throughout the colder months. Lakeway offers kid’s activities, outdoor movie nights, and s’mores experiences. Kids and adults love all the things to do on Lake Travis, additionally.
- Rates: Start at $202 a night.
Family Resorts in Texas for Families–Texas Hill Country
Though Austin is technically part of Hill Country, Texas, these family resorts in Texas Hill Country are a bit deeper south.
The Texas Hill Country is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Lone Star State. The area is known for its rolling hills, clear blue skies, and wildflowers, particularly bluebonnets that blanket the landscape in spring. Visitors can enjoy shopping and dining in the charming small towns, or take advantage of the many outdoor activities available such as hiking, biking, fishing, and camping.
Wild Oak Ranch
The beautiful and historic Texas Hill Country is home to Wild Oak Ranch. Thirty-nine acres of lush landscaping await you while your family enjoys amenities like an 800-foot Rattlesnake river, indoor/outdoor pool areas with waterslides, and cabanas. Discover your perfect Texas family vacation by exploring this serene setting for yourself – just minutes away from the area attractions of San Antonio.
- Getting there: 19 minutes from San Antonio International Airport (SAT); 1.5 hours from Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
- Why we love it: Wild Oak Ranch is a great family resort in the Texas Hill Country that has a dedicated club for kids-Camp, Armadillo. This fun camp is an escape where kids can be kids. It’s a safe and educational atmosphere for Armadillo campers to explore many activities such as on-site scavenger hunts, arts and crafts, movies, painting, toys, and games.
- Rates: Start at $144 a night plus a $25 resort fee per night
Resorts in Texas for Families–Near Houston
Houston is a great city to base your Texas family vacation around, as it has a lot to offer families. There are many museums and attractions and parks and outdoor activities. With so much to see and do, Houston is the perfect place to take the family vacation.
Located on the shores of Lake Conroe, one hour north of Houston, this family-friendly resort invites you to enjoy the island life in Texas. Margaritaville is an all-suite resort with the option to stay in colorful villas lakeside. Enjoy a poolside margarita while your kids play in Jolly Mon’s three-acre water park with a lazy river.
Getting there: 45 minutes to Houston (IAH) Airport.
Rates: Start at $215 in guest suites; lakeside cottages start at $299 a night.
Why we love it: What is not to love about this colorful resort? Margaritaville has family-friendly activities and areas while you enjoy the perks of island life.
- Kids can swim and play all day in the three-acre water park and lazy river
- Book a tee time on the resort par-71 USGA-certified golf course
- Play mini-golf, pickleball, and tennis
- Reserve a boat and explore Lake Conroe
- Eat and drink at several signature Margaritaville dining concepts.
The Woodlands Resort
The Woodlands Resort is the perfect place for your next Texas family vacation. This beautiful resort is nestled in the heart of The Woodlands, a scenic community just north of Houston. The resort offers a variety of kid-friendly amenities, including a water park, playgrounds, and kid-friendly dining options. There are also plenty of activities to keep adults entertained, from golf and tennis to spa services and shopping.
Getting there: 23 miles to Houston (IAH) Airport.
Why we love it: This kid-friendly resort in Texas provides heated pools for family fun at any time of the year. Additionally, they offer unforgettable experiences you can book during your trip- Goat yoga, paddleboarding, kayaking, and birthday parties!
Rates: Start at $234 a night.
If you’re looking for a fun-filled family resort destination that will keep everyone happy, look no further than Texas. Our list includes resorts with plenty of activities and amenities to please everyone in the family; these resorts in Texas for families have it all from waterpark resorts to lakeside getaways. If you have any suggestions to add to this list, we would love to hear them!
We hope you will join us on our tiny adventures through Texas and the United States, as well as our home adventures!