The Best Places to Eat in Grapevine, Texas
Grapevine is near and dear to my heart. When I visited Texas to find out where we wanted to live, the first restaurant I ate at was a little Mexican restaurant in Grapevine. I do not live far from Grapevine, about 15 minutes, and I am there all the time.
There are many things for kids to do in Grapevine, many adult activities, museums, and tons of restaurants where Dallas-Fort Worth locals often frequent.
There are a few restaurants and places for treats that I go to repeatedly and have been a customer for years. Here is my family’s list of where to eat in Grapevine-the Christmas Capital of Texas.
Perry’s Steakhouse in Grapevine Texas
We will start with my last dying meal. Perry’s is my one of my, if not my favorite restaurant in Texas. I leave the restaurant satisfied for a week or two. The cocktails are strong, the filet you can cut with a butter knife (with bearnaise), The mashed potatoes creamy and light, and the mac and cheese is to die for. Top it off with a dessert (or two) like their chocolate crunch cake or bananas foster, which is heavenly. Perry’s Steakhouse is famous for its thick pork chop.
Price: $$$$. If looking to try this restaurant but on a budget, read number five, visit Fridays for lunch for a special experience.
Top Ten Reasons Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is unique:
- Perry’s was founded four decades ago as a small butcher shop. And has remained true to its roots serving butcher-fresh USDA aged Prime beef. That’s why you’ll notice the meat case display in their entry, paying homage to our humble beginnings.
- Perry’s award-winning menu features creative courses prepared, carved, or flamed tableside for your entertainment, providing a Rare and Well Done® dining experience. Guests are able to customize their experience by choosing additions for their steak.
- Perry’s is known for an unexpected steakhouse specialty- Famous Pork Chop. The mouth- watering, gluten-free chop measures 7 fingers high – just as butchers would measure back in the day. The smoky, sizzling chop is hand-selected, rubbed with proprietary seasoning and cured, then roasted on a rotisserie with pecan wood.
- Perry’s caters to all guests, providing a full gluten-free menu, In addition, options for our vegan and vegetarian guests–even a “steak” … our new Vegan Skillet Chopped Steak.
- Perry’s offers specials including our Pork Chop Friday Lunch for $17. They only serve lunch on Fridays 10:30 to 5 pm); our current “3 for $45” dinner special available for Dine-In Sunday through Thursday upon request as well as To-Go Daily; our 3 for $36 Senior Menu available daily until 6 pm; and more)
- Chef Moonen received the coveted 3-star NY Times rating 5 times throughout his career. Additionally, is a critically acclaimed author, and has been featured on The Food Network, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Top Chef Masters, and more.
- Perry’s vibrant ambiance with inviting décor to provide a comfortable yet elegant atmosphere.
- Bar 79 (named after the year Perry’s was founded) features an extensive wine and liquor selection. 15 handcrafted mixology creations, shareable bar bites, a beautiful island bar and patio dining. Guests can also enjoy Perry’s prestigious portfolio of wines.
- Perry’s offers private dining rooms to host meetings, events and celebrate your business and personal milestones.
- Perry’s Steakhouse Online Market can ship their famous chop as well as steak packages.
Perrys Steakhouse: 2400 W State Hwy 114, Grapevine, TX 76051 (Reservations recommended)
Tex-Mex at Uncle Juilos
Ok, I am going to get in trouble for this one because it is a chain. Yet, I will stand by my opinion as one of the best places to eat in Grapevine, TX. Uncle Julios, with several Dallas-Fort Worth locations, has great, consistent, yummy Tex-Mex. My kids and I have eaten at Uncle Juilos 5,946 times since we moved here 12 years ago.
Their top-shelf margaritas are some of the best. Furthermore, the chicken tacos and the cheese enchiladas are our favorite lunch spot every week. Freshly made flour tortillas and fresh salsa, and loads of tortillas chips are delivered to your table. The menu has something for everyone, and you will crave this spot, time after time.
In Grapevine, Uncle Julio’s is just a short drive from Hotel Vin, Historic Main Street Gaylord Texan Resort, Grapevine Mills Mall, and Grapevine Lake.
Uncle Julio’s: 1301 William D. Tate Avenue, Grapevine, TX – 76051
Harvest Hall at Hotel Vin
Food halls are all the rage in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Harvest Hall in the heart of downtown Grapevine in Hotel Vin. This food hall will please everyone at your party with a wide range of global eats. Not to mention the stunning hotel the hall is located in, Hotel Vin. If you are visiting or staying in Grapevine, Texas, I highly recommend staying at this luxury boutique hotel, Hotel Vin.
Harvest Hall offers plenty of options from scratch-made ingredients. There are seven kitchens from Latin Fusion, Mediterranean, Chicken and Biscuits, and modern Italian. If you want a hand-crafted artisan cocktail, the Main Bar is the center focus of Harvest Hall.
Harvest Hall located in Hotel Vin: 815 S Main Street, Grapevine, Texas, 76051
Get a Caramel Apple at Kilwins Chocolates
Suppose you are looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, head over to Kilwins Cholocates on Main Street. I recommend caramel apples. Kilwins is full of freshly made confections like caramel apples, fudges, original recipe ice creams, and hand-crafted chocolates and truffles.
Kilwins Chocolates: 338 S. Main Street Grapevine, TX 76051
Main Street Bakery and Bistro for Breakfast
The Main Street Bread Baking Company was born in October 2000 in Grapevine’s historically rich downtown area. Owners Fabian Goury and Yasmine Bohsali found a welcoming spirit in this small town. An assortment of freshly baked croissants, colorful tarts, bread, specialty cakes, eclairs, and hot coffees are served up daily.
Likewise, the Chez Fabian Bisto is connected to the Main Street Bistro. This bistro creates modern French classics such as crepes, quiche, and freshly baked croissants. Our favorite is the Strawberries Romanoff and the Normandy French Toast.
Main Street Bakery and Bistro: 316 S. Main Street Grapevine, Texas 76051
Donuts at a Little Hut–Kountry Donuts
This little drive-thru hut is located on the north end of Historic Main Street Grapevine. The donuts are made fresh daily, and the car line is long. They often sell out of their more popular donuts-classic glazed, old-fashioned, apple fritters and glazed cake donuts.
With that said, head over there early if you are traveling to Grapevine, Texas. This donut hut has been a popular donut destination in the Dallas, Fort Worth area for many years.
Kountry Donuts: 102 S Main St, Grapevine, TX
Ajs on Main
My son (AJ) and I have a small tradition to find restaurants names Aj. We found a seafood restaurant in South Carolina named Ajs. We love a donut shop in Denton, Texas, called Ajs Donuts. We accidentally came across this delicious BBQ spot and are so happy we did.
Serious BBQ Eats
Moreover, AJ’s on Main is located right on Historic Main Street Grapevine. Aj’s is not only delicious BBQ but the cutest BBQ spot around. We went because of the name but are now lifelong fans. Texas BBQ is serious business, and Aj’s offers some of the best. Ajs serves some Texas BBQ classics: pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, brisket hot off the smoker served with cold craft beer.
Aj’s on Main Grapevine:651 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051
The Best Places to Eat in Grapevine, Texas
If you are a Dallas or Fort Worth local or a visitor to Grapevine, Texas, I hope our family’s favorite spots to eat in Grapevine are helpful. Grapevine is full of restaurants, wineries, bistros, and endless things to do. With that said, Grapevine Historic Main Street is the perfect area to visit in Texas. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and subscribe for updates on the home page!
- The Ultimate Guide to Grapevine, Texas
- 7 Reasons to Love Hotel Vin Grapevine
- Spend the Day (or Night) in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards
- The Best Texas Weekend Getaways
This post may contain affiliate links in which I may receive a small commission at no cost or obligation to you, ever.