What’s not to love about pizza? The cheesy, saucy greatness is a fan favorite for good reason. But what if you could take that deliciousness and put it in a cupcake form? That’s right, we’re talking about a silly simple pizza cupcake recipe!
These little deep-dish guys are the perfect way to enjoy your favorite food any time of day. And the best part? This pizza cupcake recipe is super easy to make. You only need a few simple ingredients, and in no time you’ll be enjoying a delicious pizza cupcake snack. So why not give them a try today? You won’t regret it!
Pizza Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cupcake tin two six count or one twelve count tin. Makes eight pizza cupcakes
- 1 dough roller
- 1 baking mat
- 1 pizza roller
- 1 can canned pizza dough like Pillsbury
- 1 jar pizza sauce (not pasta sauce)
- 1 bag mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 bag italian cheese (optional )
- any topping your heart desires like pepporni, pinapples, ham, olives, chicken
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 340 degrees for newer ovens.
- Lightly spray cupcake tins with cooking spray or oil. Remove excess with paper towel.
- Remove pizza dough from can, roll, or spread on a flat surface or baking mat. The dough will be in a rectangular shape. Leave in this shape. It does not have to be perfect.
- Cut your dough four times vertically.
- Cut your dough down the middle horizontally one time. Will make 8 total pieces.
- Line eight of your cupcake tins with a layer of dough. Gently push the centers down into the tins, making a flower. The dough will hang out on the sides.
- Bake your dough for 7-8 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove to add pizza cupcake toppings.
- Carefully add pizza sauce to the top of your dough, layer cheese and toppings. Use a spoon to scoop sauce inside the dough. The sauce varies on how much you prefer.
- Bake for 6 additional minutes until your cheese and toppings are hot and melted.
- Let your pizza cupcakes cool for 3-5 minutes and enjoy!
Pizza Cupcake Recipe
The Pizza Cupcake became wildly popular after the company was featured on Shark Tank. If you don’t want to try out this recipe and have a box delivered to your door, you can do so, here. Or, if you are in New York City be sure to check out a Mets game and head to The Pizza Cupcake stand to grab some bite-sized pizza to enjoy with your game and beer.
So, there you have it – a delicious and fun pizza cupcake recipe that will be a hit with your friends and family. Be sure to try them out soon! Happy eating!
This post may contain affiliate links. Additionally, I am an Amazon Affiliate Partner. I may receive a small commission if a qualifying purchase is made at no obligation or cost to you.