I always say you have 18 summers to make really great memories with your kids. I think making memories is so important. Summer is almost here (or is here), and finding summer activities for kids to get bored is hard!
I would show your kids this list, let them pick a few of the summer activities listed to complete throughout the summer! It gives them little goals, they have fun, and you create fun memories with your kids. Make sure you participate in some fun summer activities and make those memories!
- Color or paint an indoor cardboard castle
- Do a wooden playhouse hack for indoors or outdoors
- Join Raddish Cooking Club
- Make an indoor sandbox for the sweltering days
- Make puffy sidewalk paint
- Make root beer floats
- Do a sidewalk chalk photoshoot and make it a goal to nail one of these…
- Get an old-fashioned picnic basket and have an old-fashioned picnic
- Bake cookies or muffin or the local police or firefighters
- Visit a library (yes, they still exist 😉
- If you have a toddler, a water table 🙂 they play for HOURS with these
- Also, this is the best toy I have bought for my toddler in a long time
- Make a time capsule
- Make smoothies (this is our family’s favorite recipe)
- Build a fort and have a movie night in it
- Make and create garden stepping stones
- Paint colorful rocks and hide them around your neighborhood for others to find
- Create a painting studio with ceramics, canvas, and paint stands
- Do a frozen dinosaur dig
- Make homemade popsicles
- Have family reading time
- Do Five Minute Journaling as a family and create a lesson of gratitude
- Create a scavenger hunt around the house or in the neighborhood
- Indoor laser beams using thin red string and removable tape
- Have a nerf war, have tons of nerf bullets and face shield
- Let your kids take pictures all through the summer and at the end…
- Make a summer scrapbook.
- Play the floor is lava, put blankets, towels, objects to avoid lava
- Join Baktivity
- Host a block party for your block, so your kids have a sense of community.
- Try new recipes (we have some good cookbooks)
- Have a family water balloon fight. Fill 5-gallon buckets with water, get a whole bunch of water balloons, get some water guns, create “zones” and “boundaries” outside, and have at it. Make sure you clean up the balloons so your neighbors don’t get mad. ????
Other Activities to Keep Those Kids Busy:
- Raddish Cooking Club for Kids–Our Review!
- Frozen Dinosaur Dig
- Edible Playdoh/Dramatic Ice Cream Play
- Puffy Sidewalk Paint!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a tiny commission when the link is used at no cost or obligation to you 🙂